SAICE is the Learned Society and professional home for about 11000 civil engineers, technologists and technicians.
Our members are planning, providing and maintaining the infrastructure which supports the everyday life and activities of modern society all over South Africa. Our members are also involved in projects around the globe.
The Institution provides a variety of services including:
- Continued Professional Development for its members to keep abreast of development, interactive networking with and among all stakeholders and participants in the profession and the industry.
- The development of technical guidelines and documentation.
- Community Outreach Programs for society through career guidance, awareness campaigns and capacity building for decision makers.
- Support and input to central government regarding legislation concerning all aspects of civil engineering.
- Promotion and upholding of appropriate standards and an ethical approach.
We bridge the GAP to a WINNING nation
Please browse through our site for a comprehensive list of opportunities and services offered by the Institution and the activities it is involved in.