Fire engineering in the professional organisation includes the skills of fire protection engineers, fire safety engineers, fire engineers, and allied professionals.
The goal of establishing this division is to engineer a fire safe world, in which the Division pursues its vision by serving its members and customers through world-class information, education, credentialing and advocacy. In addition, the division will facilitate the networking of individuals with the best minds in fire protection and fire safety engineering in order to enhance and guide career pathing.
What can members look forward to?
- Life-long alliances through networking opportunities
- Credibility you need to advance your career
- Knowledge of new industry developments
- Continuing education programs (webinars, conferences, seminar, and much more)
SAICE Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and University Short Courses (Currently only University of Johannesburg, various short courses to create full curriculum for fire engineering specialisation after primary Engineering degree in Civil or Mechanical)
- Promote career opportunities for the future of the profession
- Development of the South African Fire Protection Engineering Handbook, standards and guides – the body of knowledge for the profession based on current international practises.
Set the standards for higher education programs in Fire Engineering and related disciplines like:
- Fire Engineering Rational Design methodology
- Fire Safety Systems and Performance Designs
- Fire Dynamics and Modelling
- Fire Induced Flows
- Industrial Safety