To advance professional knowledge & improve the practice of civil engineering
- to be a learned society for all those associated with civil engineering;
- to enable our members, through consultation and accountability, to provide the community with environmentally and economically sustainable infrastructure;
- to cater for the interests and needs of our members by creating an effective communication channel in a strong, dynamic and stable organisation;
- to provide our members with continuing education in technical, managerial and communication skills;
- to advance and uphold the professional ethics of the civil engineering profession;
- to enhance the recognition of civil engineering as a highly respected profession and a desirable career;
- to encourage our members to strive for excellence in civil engineering.