Marketing and Events Consultant
Exciting opportunity for a Marketing and Events Consultant to join our energetic, diverse group of PR professionals at the South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE).
· Passion for Marketing and events management
· An excellent command of the English language and a flair for writing.
· A natural curiosity about the world around them and how news and other events could potentially influence / impact the engineering industry.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to originate, develop and strategically execute innovative, exciting, creative ideas.
· Excellent project management / time management / organisational skills.
· The ability to effectively manage multiple projects, giving each one due focus and attention as required (not multi-tasking).
· Ability to work under pressure, meet changing demands and to adapt to changing priorities.
· Ability to meet targets and adhere to deadlines set in place.
· Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Proficiency with social networking concepts as they relate to marketing and promotion of business or social initiatives.
· A passion for creating an engaged audience; enjoys audience feedback and participation.
· Dedication to proactively learning about and understanding the Company – structure, companies, services, policies, vision.
· Highly self-motivated and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
· Attention to detail.
· Must be able to travel
· Own car and Driver’s license essential
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Produce fresh and creative campaigns, concepts and copy for various platforms and email marketing initiatives
· Support and participation in the production of fresh and creative concepts and copy for bi-weekly newsletter and monthly magazine.
· An active role in producing fresh and creative concepts and copy for the website.
· Overseeing all events hosted by the institution
· Project manage high profile events from start to finish making sure projects are executed in time and within budget
· Develop project plans, with resources and timelines
· Prepare briefs, compose detailed proposals and project plans as well as budgets
· Conceptualise, implement and manage various events from start to finish
· Implement marketing plans to advertise events
· Prepare briefs and liaise with external suppliers
· Prepare sponsorship proposals and manage event sponsors
· Manage all event elements with regard to event logistics
· Manage contractual and administrative functions to make sure events are delivered efficiently
· Manage actual event execution and set up
· Manage event suppliers and event staff
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
· Bachelor’s degree or certificate in Marketing, Events or related qualification with 2-3 years relevant experience
· Events management experience
· Highly energetic
· Creative by nature
· Passionate about marketing and its encompassing field
· High attention to detail
· Excellent writing and presentation skills
· Proactive and driven towards meeting deadlines
· High level of integrity, dependability and professional standards
· Excellent time management and planning skills.
If you feel that you are the right person to fit into this dynamic team and meet the above job requirements, we would like to hear from.
Please email your CV to Nadeena Le’Tang on email@example.com