Southern African Federation of Engineering Organisation
- The Federation of African Organisations of Engineers (FAOE) was formed in Cairo, Egypt in 1972.
- The Secretariat is currently located in Lagos, Nigeria, where it is hosted by the Nigerian Society of Engineers.
- FAEO is one of the regional organisations affiliated to the World Federation of Engineering Organisations (WFEO), representing the African Continent, having been elected in 1989.
- The federation is also recognised by the African Union (AU), UNESCO, ANSTI,UNDP and the Commonwealth Engineers Council (CEC).
- At the FAEO general assembly, that took place on 8 May 2012, in Nairobi Kenya, the name was changed to the Federation of African Engineering Organisations (FAEO).
- The new FAEO constitution was discussed, debated and unanimously accepted and adopted in final draft format the 08 May 2012.
- The new constitution recognises five regional bodies to work under FAEO, representing Africa at WFEO, the AU and any other appropriate organisation.
The Five Regional bodies
- North African Federation of Engineering Organisations (NAFEO)
- West African Federation of Engineering Organisations (WAFEO)
- Eastern African Federation of Engineering Organisations (EAFEO)
- Central African Federation of Engineering Organisations (CAFEO)
- Southern African Federation of Engineering Organisations (SAFEO) – formerly known as the African Engineers Forum (AEF)